By Hayley St. John | Thursday, March 27, 2014
Music News provided by Pulse
The complete lineup of 130-plus acts for Lollapalooza 2014 was announced on Wednesday (March 26th), and as rumored,Arctic Monkeys and Kings Of Leon lead the list of headliners, which also includes Skrillex, Eminem, Outkast and Calvin Harris. As usual, the event will take place in Chicago's Grant Park and will run this year from August 1st to the 3rd. Three-day passes went on sale Tuesday (March 25th) and sold out in one hour -- a new record -- while, one-day passes became available on Wednesday and were gone in two hours.
- The daily capacity of the festival will be 100,000.
- Eminem and Arctic Monkeys top the bill on the 1st, with Outkast and Harris headlining on the 2nd. Kings of Leon and Skrillex will close out the weekend on the 3rd.
- Other acts confirmed for the weekend include Lorde, Foster The People, Cage The Elephant, Young The Giant,Interpol, Grouplove, Fitz & The Tantrums, Chvrches, Manchester Orchestra, AFI and many, many more.
- Festival co-founder Perry Farrell said in a statement, "We have fallen in love with the people and the kind township of Chicago. It is truly one of the world's great destinations. Together we have made a party, drawing the fiercest and friendliest party goers from around the world. Thank you so much Chicago for causing all the revelry!"
- Farrell told us a while back that the festival's location has been a key to its success: "We got a centrally located city within a centrally located state. You've got a gorgeous lake that sends kind of a mist and a breeze out over the location. What is amazing and what is unique about us is that we are an urban destination festival. You know, there are a few other festivals, but they're always someplace, you know, pretty far away from the city."