By Hayley St. John | January 8th, 2014
Music News providied by Pulse
Bastille have been confirmed as the musical guests for the January 25th edition of NBC-TV's Saturday Night Live, which will be hosted by The Wolf Of Wall Street star Jonah Hill. The British act has previously appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Bastille continues to support its 2013 debut album, Bad Blood, which features the chart-topping Modern Rock smash "Pompeii."
- The band will be back on these shores for a North American tour beginning on March 31st in Chicago.
- The group opened for Muse last year and frontman Dan Smith said it was "slightly mind blowing" to be playing in front of arena and stadium crowds.
- He told Gigwise, "The whole Muse scenario was . . . on a scale that was slightly mind blowing for a new band. I've not even really been into a stadium, so it was pretty surreal."
- Smith added that the experience has made him think about putting more production values into Bastille's live show, saying, "Our tour next year, we're trying to work on our production and trying to make it better. We don't want to repeat ourselves."
- A deluxe version of Bad Blood, titled All This Bad Blood, will be issued on January 14th. The package will feature rarities, B-sides, mixtape cuts and two brand new songs.
Watch the video for "Pompeii" here: