by Chris Atticus l Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Music News provided by Pulse
A Nashville judge has finalized the divorce of Jack White and model Karen Elson, according to the Associated Press. The divorce agreement signed by the judge named Elson as the primary residential parent for the former couple's two children, with White allowed about 150 days a year with them. White did not have to give up or split any of his music businesses, including his various recording projects or the label, store and performance space that come under the Third Man banner.
- White will pay child support and health insurance costs for his children, although he does not have to pay Elson alimony.
- White, who is listed in court papers as making $62,000 a month, will have to pay $3,200 a month in child support. Elson is listed as making just under $34,000 a month.
- White and Elson separated in June 2011 after six years of marriage.
- They held a party to "celebrate" their separation and decision to divorce, with White saying at the time that they "remain dear and trusted friends and co-parents to our wonderful children Scarlett and Henry Lee."
- But that amicable tone ended last summer when Elson and White got into a custody battle and Elson filed a restraining order against the singer/guitarist.
- Elson claimed that White was an unfit father with a violent temper, while White defended himself with a series of e-mails Elson sent in May where she praised his parenting abilities.
- White and Elson married on June 1st, 2005, in Brazil, after meeting during the filming of the video for "Blue Orchid," from that year's White Stripes album Get Behind Me Satan.