by Chris Atticus l Friday, December 20, 2013
Music News provided by Pulse
Korn will headline a new rock-themed cruise called Rockaholica, which will embark for the first time in 2014 with a lineup featuring Hoobastank, Fuel and other acts. According to Loudwire, Rockaholica sets sail on September 29th from Miami aboard the Carnival Ecstasy, with stops in Key West and Cozumel. More bands will be announced in the weeks ahead, for a total of 10 acts and 30 performances during the cruise.
- Korn frontman Jonathan Davis said, "We are excited to be headlining the first Rockaholica and look forward to spending quality time with our fans while cruising."
- Some of the bands that will appear on the cruise will be chosen through a contest in which up-and-coming acts can upload a single and get the chance to perform on the ship. Details will be revealed soon on the Rockaholica Facebook page.
- Music-themed cruises have grown in popularity over the past few years, with the annual Shiprocked cruise set to take off in late January with a lineup that includes Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, Device,Sevendust, Candlebox, In This Moment and many more.
- Individual acts like Kiss, Weezer and Paramore have launched their own boat excursions as well.
- Korn recently wrapped up its 2013 live schedule as the band continues to support its 11th studio album, The Paradigm Shift. The Top 10 disc was the first to feature founding guitarist Brian "Head" Welch in the lineup since 2003's Take A Look In The Mirror.