By Zigz | January 8th, 2014
Music News provided by Pulse
Metallica will perform at the 56th annual Grammy Awards -- the band's first appearance at the music industry's biggest event in 22 years -- alongside renowned Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang. Metallica said in a statement, "We're honored to be asked back to the Grammys to perform. It's been 22 years since the last time we hit the stage at the annual awards show! This performance will be truly special with Lang Lang, who has appeared on stages all over the world including the opening ceremonies at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, a White House state dinner, World Cup ceremonies, and the Nobel Prize concert in Stockholm among many other acclaimed appearances."
- The soundtrack to the band's recent 3D IMAX movie, Metallica Through The Never, is nominated for a Grammy for Best Recording Package.
- It is not known what song Metallica will perform at the awards show or how the metal act will incorporate Lang Lang's piano into its performance.
- Also newly added to the list of performers are Lorde, Katy Perry and Robin Thicke, joining a lineup that already includes Daft Punk teaming up with Stevie Wonder, P!nk with fun.'s Nate Ruess, Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons, plus country legends Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and Blake Shelton.
- Lorde is making her Grammy Awards debut, with the breakout "Royals" singer up for four trophies.
- The 56th annual Grammy Awards will take place at the Los Angeles Staples Center and will be broadcast live at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
Watch a clip from Through The Never here: