By Hayley St. John | Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Music News provided by Pulse
The Pretty Reckless, the band led by actress-turned-singer Taylor Momsen, has become the second female-fronted act in the last three years to hit Number One on the rock radio chart. The band's new single, "Heaven Knows." just hit the top of the survey this week, allowing The Pretty Reckless to join the Lzzy Hale-fronted Halestorm as part of a small and very select list of chart-topping rock acts fronted by women.
- The Pretty Reckless' second album, Going To Hell, will arrive in stores next Tuesday (March 18th).
- The disc follows up the group's 2010 debut full-length, Light Me Up, as well as a 2012 EP called Hit Me Like A Man.
- Momsen began her career as an actress when she was a child before becoming a full-time musician years later. She told us that her family always knew this was what she really wanted to do: "They knew that music was always where I was headed, and what my -- that was my passion and my goal. I mean, acting was a day job, essentially, while I worked on writing a record's worth of material that I wanted people to hear, and finding the right people to work with and the right band and all that. So they weren't surprised when I jumped ship."
- The video for "Heaven Knows," in which Momsen appears semi-nude, has gotten more than 2.7 million views on Vevo
- The Pretty Reckless is currently supporting Fall Out Boy on tour in Europe and will return to the U.S. next month for an appearance at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards on April 23rd in Los Angeles.
- The band is also confirmed to perform at all of the major U.S. rock festivals, including Rock On the Range, Rocklahoma,Fort Rock, Welcome To Rockville, Rock Fest Kansas City and others.
Check out the video for 'Heaven Knows' here!