By Zigz | Friday, February 7, 2014
Photo: Third Man Records Instagram
Music News provided by Pulse
Why did the Instagram account of Third Man Records, the label owned and operated by Jack White, post a photo a few days ago of White sitting on a crate on a Los Angeles sidewalk, hanging out with a kid while holding a Snickers bar? The photo was accompanied by the cryptic caption, "Are you sure the Grammys are tonight? #grammys #redcarpet #jackwhite #fundraising."
White finally told Rolling Stone the story behind the photo, which was shot near LAX airport. He explained, "I was trying to help break up a disagreement between two young salesmen staking a claim for the same spot. I tried to get one of them to go in front of Starbucks down the block, but he didn't think you could sell any candy there."
- White added, "Free business advice to youngsters is part of every American's debt to society."
- Advising sidewalk candy salesmen is not the only way in which White helps kids: Third Man has a program that offers school choirs and bands a chance to record at the label's Nashville studio.
- When he's not hitting the pavement to push chocolate bars, White is currently finishing up his second solo album and another recording project, in addition to making new music with The Dead Weather.
- He also said in a recent chat at the Third Man website that he's producing "a lot of things," adding, "You'll get to hear them all this year, one after the bloody other!"
- As for live gigs, a headlining slot at New York City's Governor's Ball festival in June is the only show on his schedule at the moment.